Are you a nanny, au pair, baby sitter or volunteer working with children? Then this course is ideal for you, there is no need to attend a 12-hour paediatric first aid course, if you are a nanny you will be meeting Ofsted requirements and can administer first aid for babies and children. For course dates please follow link. These dates are the same for the practical part of the 12 hour paediatric blended first aid course but you will not sit the E Learn part.
Nannies, au pairs, volunteers, baby sitters, nursery staff
- Control of a scene (planning and dealing with emergencies)
- Recording incidents and accidents
- Contents of a first aid box
- Recovery position
- Cardio pulmonary resuscitation
- Head injury
- Febrile convulsions
- Fractures/dislocation / sprains and strains
Wiltshire First Aid Training will provide an Ofsted and EYFS compliant and First Aid Industry Body (FAIB) approved Paediatric First Aid certificate on successful completion of the course. This will enable candidates to perform the role of emergency first-aider at your setting for three years.
The trainer will assess learners' competence on a practical and informal basis.
Maximum course numbers
In-house courses require a minimum of 4 candidates and a maximum of 24 candidates (provided there is enough room). 2 trainers will be provided for larger numbers.
- Public open course - £50 per person + VAT
- In-house course – 4 to 6 delegates £50 per person + VAT
- In-house course – 7 to 12 delegates £40 per person + VAT